As of November 6th, masks are required
Please wear a mask once you enter our lobby and keep it on for the duration of your visit to the facility inclding in locker rooms, the weight room, gymnasium and on the deck of the swimming pool. There are a couple of exceptions to this rule. When you are working out you can remove the mask for physical exertion but the mask must go back on once your are finished. And, you are not allowed to wear your mask while in the swimming pool.
Always sanitize your hands when you enter the building and when you exit
What to expect when you visit for the first time:
- In the lobby you will see decals on the floor to help you maintain a minimum of 2 meters from other visitors. Indicators include arrows directing the flow of traffic in the lobby.
- A hand wash station and hand sanitizer stations. Please disinfect your hands upon entering the building and at the conclusion of your workout or appointment.
- A glass divider between you and the reception staff. Please address our reception staff from behind the glass barrier.
- No chairs. No cafe. For the time being the cafe will be closed and visiting in the lobby should be minimized.
Once you enter you must visit the reception desk to complete our health screen!
All visitors to the YWCA including our fitness members must complete the health screen for every visit. The Health Screen sign adjacent to the front reception desk asks you this question:
- Are you sick or experiencing any symptoms of the Covid-19 virus? If so, you are not allowed entry to the YWCA and should go straight home and contact HealthLine 811 for further guidance.
Minimize your visiting (no loitering in the lobby area)
As mentioned above, we request you keep your visiting to a minimum. We are prohibiting visiting or waiting to the side of the reception counter as well as visiting along the hallway once you have entered the fitness centre or other narrow spaces in YWCA Saskatoon.
Maintain two meters of physical distancing as often as possible.
And, if you are working out intensely, up to four meters is a good rule to follow.
Fitness Members need to know these new restrictions for the Fitness Centre:
- We will not have time limits on your workout but we ask you to please be efficient when planning your workout. We would like you to minimize visiting and the total time you are in the fitness centre.
- Bring your own water bottle (you can fill it at the YWCA). Drinking from the fountain will not be allowed.
- Showers and lockers are available for use but please minimize your time in these areas.
- Workout gloves are not allowed for working out.