Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps
Are you in love with tacos but are looking for a healthy alternative? Try this delicious taco alternative recipe for your next Taco Tuesday night!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 lb 95% lean ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Iceberg or Romain lettuce leaves, doubled up, for serving
- Shredded Mexican cheese, diced Roma tomatoes, diced red onion, diced avocado, chopped cilantro, fat free sour cream
Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sautém for 2 minutes. Add turkey and garlic, season with salt and pepper, and cook, tossing and breaking up turkey occasionally, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add chili powder, cumin, paprika, tomato sauce and chicken broth. Reduce to a simmer and cook about 5 minutes until sauce has reduced. Serve mixture over lettuce leaves with desired toppings.