Existing Fitness on 25th Member Welcome too!
Beginning February 15th, we will offer Weight Room Orientations for all new members and for the time being, existing members. The orientations will be conducted by our Fitness Consultants and will be scheduled every weekday evening (two possible times), Wednesday afternoon’s (two sessions) and weekends. They are included as part of your membership with no additional cost to you.
The person who will benefit the most from the orientation is the member who has limited or no experience in a weight room. The intent is to ensure you have a least a basic program to use. The orientations are meant as one-on-one experiences but if you want your orientation to include another member of your choice, that is fine with us. Our hope is, after experiencing the Weight Room Orientation you will have:
- Improved your Knowledge of the Equipment in the Weight Room. This could be as simple as how to turn on a treadmill to more advanced ideas such as tips on proper form when using a particular machine.
- A Good understanding of Weight Room Safety. Although the equipment in our weight room is quite safe to use, there are general principles we will discuss to ensure you have good experiences.
- Reduced Anxiety about using the Weight Room. For some of our members, using the weight room is a new experience. The orientation is designed to help you feel more comfortable in this space.
- A basic workout program for you to use. For each orientation, we will give you a couple of exercise programs to pick from. The program you pick will be used as the basis for the orientation and will provide you with an initial workout program to work from. The programs have a general fitness focus which you can modify for your skill and fitness level. They will work for all ages and fitness levels.
The programs for our Weight Room Orientations have been designed by our Personal Trainers. But, the 30 minute session is not Personal Training. This is an introductory orientation to ensure you have a basic understanding of how to utilize the weight room. Our Fitness Consultants, some of whom are Personal Trainers, will be able to answer general questions but for individualized programming, you will need to move up to a paid session with a personal trainer. Our Fitness Consultants will be able to give you information on the Personal Training experience and its benefits.
The Schedule for the 30 Minute Orientation:
- A review of how to properly warm up
- Introduction to a basic workout program
- What you should do at the conclusion of your workout with a warm down.
Remember, come prepared to perform some exercises during your orientation.
Although the 30 minute orientation will not be a full workout, we will ask you to perform each of the movements from the program you select. You will do a basic dynamic warm up with the fitness consultant and we will offer a basic stretching/warm down package for you.
The times available for orientations are:
- Monday through Friday Every Evening: 6:30 pm and 7:15 pm
- Wednesday’s: 1:30 pm and 2:15 pm
- Saturday’s and Sunday’s: 10:30 am, 11:30 am, 1:30 pm, 2:30 pm and 3:15 pm
To book a New Member Weight Room Orientation, call or drop by the front desk. We are ready now for you to book in for your orientation. Remember, until March 31st, new and existing members can book an orientation.