This Valentine’s Day, we asked our professional team in the Crisis Shelter and Residence at the YWCA what they love most about their jobs.
Here are their top 5 reasons they LOVE their jobs and get up and come to work in the morning…or at night. After all, they are shift workers!
The YWCA doors are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
5. “I love the family friendly philosophy of the YWCA.”
4. “I wouldn’t still be here if it wasn’t for my coworkers and management and the support I get from both.”
3. “I love my job because of the difference we make in our community.”
2. “I enjoy being able to connect with the women and children who come through our doors.”
1. “I love that we treat everyone as individuals and we always give people fresh starts.”
Watch for the “LOVE My Job” series of staff stories running this February on YWCA Saskatoon’s website blog and social media channels. We love what we do, and it shows!
Photo: group of YWCA staff, by Amanda Andre