About the YWCA
YWCA Saskatoon is a vibrant, community-based organization that responds to the needs of women, men and children here in Saskatoon, providing both preventative and emergent services. We are a member of YWCA Canada and our funding comes from government, granting agencies, charitable donations and fee-for-service.
We currently employ more than 100 people and serve approximately 8000 women, men, youth, and children annually.
Women and girls empowered in a safe, equitable community.
Nurturing the well-being of women, girls, and their families through inclusive services and supports.
We foster diversity by:
- Honoring differences in ethnicity, religion, sexuality, socio-economic status, abilities and ideas
- Demonstrating flexibility in the creation and implementation of programs and procedures for staff and clients
- Recognizing the value of differences
We foster respect by:
- Upholding the dignity of others through our actions and words
- Embracing differences and treating others with respect
- Understanding, appreciating and considering the ideas and opinions of everyone
We foster integrity by:
- Conducting our social and business interactions with honest and transparency
- Living purposefully to instill trust in others
- Following through on promises and commitments
- Creating a welcoming and fun environment for everyone
We foster communication by:
- Communicating with openness and honesty
- Creating consistent standards and norms for the sharing of information
- Encouraging two-way communication
We foster teamwork by:
- Encouraging collaboration and cooperation between individuals and departments
- Valuing individual strengths within the team
- Building a culture of camaraderie
- Creating a welcoming and fun environment for everyone.